The Must-Know Student Recruiting Trends For 2018
Groundbreaking new research from WCN & Universum
The battle for students to secure jobs is becoming so intense with students more empowered than ever before. As a result, engagement and candidate experiences are the top recruiter priorities for 2018, according to two industry leaders.
In a study of almost one million applicants and excerpts of responses from almost 40,000 business students across three continents, leading international talent acquisition software provider WCN and employer branding thought leader Universum have compiled
"The must know student recruiting trends for 2018" report.
This webinar will walk you some of the key findings within the report offering factual insights into why attraction and engagement are key to hiring the best future leaders and empowering them to choose where they start their professional careers.
WCN will dive deep into trends sourced from anonymized applications within its system, pairing them with Universum findings including:
- How intense graduate competition really is and how many applications employers have to reject in the process
- How frequently candidates decline, withdraw or renege once they have made it past the first stage
- If ratios between genders and ethnic minorities are improving and ways of keeping momentum moving in the right direction
- If recruiters are biased towards select schools or are more open to candidates from outside of the elite
- How international interest in working abroad continues to grow in popularity and if this is impacting on the balance of successful candidates from overseas nations
- What messages students want to see and on what media covering aspects such as work/life balance, cultural fit, personal development and aligned career goals.
Understand the student psyche and apply these insights to your student recruiting strategies and tactics.
Jonna Sjövall - Managing Director, Americas
Jeanette Maister - Managing Director - Americas